Hurricane Planning in Pembroke Pines?
It’s hurricane season in Florida, and now is a good time for Pembroke Pines residents to get ready. SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar offers these tips from the National Fire Protection Association on what to do before a hurricane:
- Prepare your evacuation plan, including pets, transportation routes, and destinations
- Keep all trees and shrubs well-trimmed and clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts
- Determine how and where to secure your boat
- Consider building a safe room
- Stay informed! Listen to an NOAA weather radio or check local forecasts and news reports regularly
- Cover your home’s windows with pre-cut plywood or hurricane shutters. Tape does not prevent windows from breaking
- Bring in all outside furniture, decorations, garbage cans, etc.
- Turn off utilities if instructed to do so
- Turn off propane tanks
- Avoid using the phone, except for serious emergencies
- Fill the bathtub or buckets with water to use for cleaning and flushing toilets
- Keep your gas tank at least three-quarters full at all times
- Keep your emergency supplies kit, including water, and copies of important documents, in a waterproof, portable container, in an easily accessible location
When you need emergency storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 954-998-0600. We’ll deep clean and restore your storm damage in Pembroke Pines, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar is Independently Owned and Operated.