High Wind Damage in Pembroke Pines?
SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Pembroke Pines. Thunderstorms and hurricanes bring strong winds that can cause damage to homes and businesses. Strong winds can cause damage to garage doors when they bash into them, causing the door to buckle and break under pressure. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) shares these steps for protecting your home from wind damage:
- Inspect your garage door to make sure it can withstand strong winds and have reinforcing supports installed if necessary
- Cover doors and windows to prevent broken glass and damage from flying debris. Consider installing storm windows.
- Inspect your roof and make sure that at least six nails or staples hold down each shingle beneath the edges of the overlapping shingles. Install a waterproof underlayment under the shingles to prevent water from entering the structure if the wind blows the shingles off the roof.
- Remove trees too close to the home
- Make sure your rain gutters and downspouts are secured to the house and are in good working order
- Anchor potential projectiles like furniture, grills, and small objects
When your Pembroke Pines home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 954-998-0600. Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.