Space Heater Fire in Hollywood?
Hollywood residents rely on SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar to restore fire damage. Some use space heaters to take the edge off of a chilly night. Here are some heating equipment safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe and fire-damage-free this winter season:
If you are using a portable heater:
- Make sure the heater has an automatic shut-off so if it tips over, it shuts off
- Keep anything that can burn, such as bedding, clothing, and curtains, at least three feet from the heater
- Plug portable heaters directly into wall outlets. Never use an extension cord or power strip
- Turn heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.
If you are using a fireplace:
- Keep a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from jumping out and starting a fire
- Do not burn paper in your fireplace
- Before you go to sleep or leave your home. put the fire out completely
- Put ashes in a metal container with a lid. Store the container outside at least 3 feet from your home.
Call Us Today!
When your Hollywood home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.