If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (954) 998-0600

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Space Heater Fire in Hollywood?

1/5/2022 (Permalink)

A closeup of a space heater is shown. We restore fire damage 24-hours a day in Broward County.

Hollywood residents rely on SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar to restore fire damage. Some use space heaters to take the edge off of a chilly night. Here are some heating equipment safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe and fire-damage-free this winter season:

If you are using a portable heater:

  • Make sure the heater has an automatic shut-off so if it tips over, it shuts off
  • Keep anything that can burn, such as bedding, clothing, and curtains, at least three feet from the heater
  • Plug portable heaters directly into wall outlets. Never use an extension cord or power strip
  • Turn heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.

If you are using a fireplace:

  • Keep a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from jumping out and starting a fire
  • Do not burn paper in your fireplace
  • Before you go to sleep or leave your home. put the fire out completely
  • Put ashes in a metal container with a lid. Store the container outside at least 3 feet from your home.

Call Us Today!

When your Hollywood home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 954-998-0600.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts