Lightning Strikes in Miramar?
Miramar residents can rely on SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar to mitigate and restore storm damage 24-hours a day. Thunderstorms and lightning can happen at any time of the year in Miramar. Here are some general facts about lightning from the University of South Florida:
- Lightning's unpredictability increases the risk to individuals and property
- Lightning often strikes outside of heavy rain and may occur as far as ten miles away from any rainfall
- "Heat lightning" is actually lightning from a thunderstorm too far away from thunder to be heard. However, the storm may be moving in your direction
- Most lightning deaths and injuries occur when people are caught outdoors in the summer months during the afternoon and evening
- Lightning strike victims carry no electrical charge and should be attended to immediately. Most people struck by lightning are not killed but are injured significantly.
- Your chances of being struck by lightning are estimated to be 1 in 600,000 but could be reduced even further by following safety precautions
Call Us Today!
When your Miramar home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you day and night. Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.