Hurricane Preparedness Tips for Pembroke Pines Businesses?
Our team of Pembroke Pines and West Miramar responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day. Here are some hurricane preparedness tips to prepare your business when a hurricane is in the forecast:
As a Hurricane Approaches
- Monitor forecasts closely to help you know when to act
- Confirm that your employee contact lists are current
- Secure all doors and shutter or board up windows to help protect them from flying debris
- Clean out floor drains and catch basins and check drainage pumps
- Move vehicles and mobile equipment to a safe location
- Anchor and fill above-ground tanks to capacity with product or water to help keep them secure during the storm
- Fill emergency generators and fire pump fuel tanks
- Verify that fire protection equipment is operational
- Make sure important records are protected – or duplicate them and move them offsite to a safe area
- Shut down production processes safely and turn off power to non-critical equipment. Critical equipment, such as sump pumps and fire pumps, should remain operational.
- Shut off all flammable liquid, combustible liquid, and gas lines in case a pipe breaks during the storm
- Make sure outdoor sheds and furniture are tied down
- Evacuate all employees
Call Us Today!
When your Pembroke Pines business or home has storm damage, our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.