Heavy Rain Damages Homes in Pembroke Pines?
Last month Pembroke Pines experienced record-breaking rainfall when over 25 inches of rain fell in Broward County in one day. Our local Pembroke Pines and West Miramar teams were on hand to respond to storm damage emergencies. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the home and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the structure
- Water is invasive and will find its way into a structure easily when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your home or business in Pembroke Pines, our local team in Pembroke Pines and West Miramar is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.