Hoarding Fire Risk in Hollywood?
Hoarding in Hollywood?
No one knew how dangerous the house had become until it was too late. The first responders had a tough time entering the home to extinguish the fire because the doors were blocked by hoarding clutter. SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Hollywood. We also provide hoarding cleanup and restoration services. Here is some helpful information about hoarding from the National Fire Protection Association:
Why Hoarding Increases Fire Risks
- Cooking is unsafe if flammable items are close to the stove or oven
- Heating units may be too close to things that can burn. They might also be placed on unstable surfaces. If a heater tips over into a pile, it can cause a fire.
- Electrical wiring may be old or worn from the weight of piles. Pests could chew on wires. Damaged wires can start fires.
- Open flames from smoking materials or candles in a home with excess clutter are very dangerous
- Blocked pathways and exits may hinder escape from a fire
When your home or commercial business needs hoarding cleanup or fire restoration services, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 954-998-0600. We’ll restore your fire damage in Hollywood, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.