Generator Safety Tips for Miramar?
SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar restores storm damage throughout the year in Miramar. Using a generator when the power goes out can be dangerous. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross on avoiding carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning when using a generator:
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace, or any partially enclosed area
- Keep these devices outdoors, away from doors, windows, and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors
- Opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent CO buildup in the home. Although CO can't be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to total incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO. If you start to feel health effects while using a generator, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY - DO NOT DELAY.
- Install CO alarms in central locations on every level of your home and outside sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide
- Test the batteries frequently and replace when needed
- If the carbon monoxide alarm sounds, move quickly to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door
Call Us Today!
When your Miramar home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar has a team of technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.