A light bulb is turned on in a wicker lampshade.
Do you know that more electrical fires occur during the winter months than at any other time of the year? SERVPRO® of Pembroke Pines/West Miramar has been restoring fire damage for Miramar homes and businesses for years. Here are some electrical fire facts from the National Fire Protection Association:
Electrical fire facts
- From 2014 to 2018, electrical distribution or lighting equipment, such as wiring, lighting, cords, and plugs, was involved in an estimated average of roughly 34,000 (10 percent) reported home structure fires per year. These incidents caused an average of 470 (18 percent) civilian deaths, 1,100 civilian injuries (10 percent), and $1.4 billion (19 percent) in direct property damage annually.
- Electrical distribution or lighting equipment ranked first in direct property damage, and third among the major fire causes in the number of home fires, fourth in home fire deaths, and tied for third in home fire injuries
- Wiring and related equipment accounted for 7 percent of all home fires and nine percent of all home fire deaths
- Cords or plugs were involved in only one percent of home fires but seven percent of the deaths
- Extension cords dominated the cord or plug category
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.