Vacation Home Fire Safety Tips for Pembroke Pines?
Our local team in Pembroke Pines and West Miramar restores fire damage for seasonal homeowners in Pembroke Pines every year. Seasonal homes require fire safety checks. For instance, it is important to check smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms as they may need new batteries. The National Fire Protection Association offers these seasonal home fire safety tips:
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of the home
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the test button
- Install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms outside each separate sleeping area, on every level of the home, and in other locations, as required by laws, codes, or standards
- Test CO alarms at least once a month
- Pack extra batteries for smoke alarms and CO alarms in case they need replacing
- Make a home escape plan. Practice the plan with everyone in the household, including visitors.
- Know the telephone number of the local fire department and the address and phone number of the vacation home
- Chimneys and vents need to be cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Use deep, sturdy ashtrays.
- If you are renting, contact the property manager, landlord, or fire department to be sure that smoke alarms and CO alarms are installed and properly working
When your Pembroke Pines home or commercial business has fire damage, our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help.® Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.