Leaking Sprinkler System in Pembroke Pines?
Do you know how to tell if your sprinkler system is leaking? Our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team responds to water damage emergencies each year in Pembroke Pines. Leaking sprinkler systems can cause water intrusion and damage to your home’s foundation. Here are some tips for determining if your sprinkler system is leaking.
- Find your main sprinkler system valve and shut it off
- Once you shut off the sprinkler system valve, look at the low flow indicator on your water meter. If it keeps moving, the water leak is inside your home.
- If the low flow indicator stops moving, the leak is in your main sprinkler system pipe
- To check for visible irrigation system leaks, turn off your sprinkler system valve and wait at least two minutes. This allows the main sprinkler system pipe to refill with water.
- Go to your controller and turn on the zone. Go to the zone you turned on and listen for water running.
- Do you see water bubbling up from the ground? Are there any wet spots or pooling of water?
- Look for broken sprinkler heads in the zone. If water is not hitting the target area or flowing out of the sprinkler heads, you will need to replace the sprinkler heads.
- Repeat this process for each zone in your irrigation system
- Call a certified irrigation contractor if you can’t fix the problem by replacing the sprinkler heads
Call Us Today!
Our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help ® when you have water damage. Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.