Lightning Safety Tips for Miramar Residents?
Our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team has the training, equipment, and experience to restore storm damage quickly and efficiently. Lightning strikes are common in Florida. Here are some lightning safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
- Avoid isolated tall trees, hilltops, utility poles, cell phone towers, cranes, large equipment, ladders, scaffolding, or rooftops
- Avoid open areas, such as fields
- Never lie flat on the ground
- Retreat to dense areas of smaller trees that are surrounded by larger trees, or retreat to low-lying areas but watch for flooding
- Avoid water, and immediately get out of and away from bodies of water
- Avoid wiring, plumbing, and fencing. Stay away from all metal objects, equipment, and surfaces that can conduct electricity.
- Do not shelter in sheds, pavilions, tents, or covered porches as they do not provide adequate protection from lightning
- Seek fully enclosed, substantial buildings with wiring and plumbing. In modern buildings, the interiorwiring and plumbing will act as an earth ground.
- A building is a safe shelter as long as you are not in contact with anything that can conduct electricity (e.g., electrical equipment or cords, plumbing fixtures, corded phones). Do not lean against concrete walls or floors (which may have metal bars inside).
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your Miramar home or commercial business, our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.