Can a Swimming Pool Leak Damage My Home’s Foundation in Miramar?
Our team in Pembroke Pines and West Miramar responds to water damage emergencies in Miramar every year. A leaking swimming pool can weaken your pool and the foundation of your home. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that a leaking pool can waste thousands of gallons of water each month. Here are the steps you can take to determine if your pool is leaking:
- Grab a clear container and a marker
- During the test period, turn off the pool auto-fill, do not manually add water to the pool, and avoid splashing water out of the pool
- Put the container on the pool steps and mark the water level on the outside of the container
- Now, fill the container with pool water up to the mark you just made so the levels match
- Mark the water level inside the container
- Now, wait and give evaporation time to work, usually two to three days. You’ll have to perform the test again if it rains or is windy.
- Place the container on the pool steps. If the water in the pool is lower than the water in the container, you have a leak
- If both the pool level and the container water levels are the same, you do not have a leak
Call Us Today!
Our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help ® when your home or commercial business in Miramar has a water damage emergency. Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.