Lithium-Ion Battery Catches Fire in Southwest Ranches Home?
The National Fire Protection Association(NFPA) urges everyone to use caution around lithium-ion batteries. Our local Pembroke Pines and West Miramar teams restore fire damage in the Southwest Ranches area every year and offer these lithium-ion battery safety tips from the NFPA:
- These batteries store a large amount of energy in a small amount of space
- Sometimes batteries are not used the right way; batteries not designed for a specific use can be dangerous
- Like any product, a small number of these batteries are defective. They can overheat, catch fire, or explode.
- Purchase and use devices that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Only use the battery that is designed for the device
- Put batteries in the device the right way
- Only use the charging cord that came with the device
- Do not charge a device under your pillow, on your bed, or on a couch
- Do not keep charging the device or device battery after it is fully charged
- Keep batteries at room temperature when possible. Do not charge them at temperatures below 32°F (0°C) or above 105°F (40°C
- Store batteries away from anything that can catch fire
Call Us Today!
Our local Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help ® when your home or commercial business in Southwest Ranches has a fire damage emergency. Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.